bark for life
Saturday 12th May 2012 12:00PM (Saturday 12th May 2012 12:00PM)
Registering for the event is easy! Just visit the community Bark For Life team website, click “join our team”, and start fundraising! http://main.acsevents.org/goto/gtbarkforlife
May 12, 2012 Bark For Life Schedule of Events:
12–1pm Registration and Pre-Event Entertainment
- $10 ACS donation per canine participant (max. 2 dogs per person)
* Includes a Bark For Life canine bandana and goodie bag!
NOTE: Pre-registration is encouraged and appreciated!
- Individuals strive to raise additional funds for the American Cancer Society
- You can find helpful fundraising tips and tools on the Relay For Life website!
1–2pm Bark For Life walk
* Opening ceremony begins with Relay For Life education and advocacy
* Cancer survivors lead the Bark For Life walk
* Participants choose the short track or full 1 mile track part way through
2–5pm Activities and Booths - open to the public!
(some are free, some are a fundraiser)
* Canine contests: mutt strut, best trick, look-a-like and more!
* Canine demonstrations
* Educational Booths and Activities
- Relay For Life: education and advocacy booth
- Bay Area Pet Hospital / East Bay Animal Hospital: educational booth
- Bowsers by the Bay: dog contests!!!
- Brookside Veterinary Hospital: homemade dog toys, memorial luminarias
- Great Lakes Pet Memorial: free paw print face painting
- HANDDS to the Rescue: dog adoptions, dog games, rescue info, free water bottles (first 100 registered participants)
- HOPE (Helping Owners with Pet Expenses): human and dog bake sales!
- Northern Michigan Veterinary Hospital: "Puparazzi" pet portraits, decorate your own dog bakery treat in partnership with the D.O.G. Bakery, and Canine Crafts for Kids
- Northwood Animal Hospital: $45 microchipping certificate sale with 20% donated back to Bark For Life!
- Oakwood Pet Cremations: puppy plinko (pay $1, win a prize!), drawing for a necklace, information
- Square Deal Country Store: nutrition education, dog food taste tests
- VCA Cherry Bend Animal Hospital: games, toenail trims, custom clay paw prints, water and snacks
- Veterinary Wellness of Northern MI: $3 nail paint pawdicures ($5 with nail trim), dog chiropractic demonstration
- MORE TO COME!
~ ~ ~ ~ ~
VISIT THE BUSINESSES BELOW TO PURCHASE YOUR PAPER BONES TODAY! At just $1 each, they're an easy way to show your support. :)
Banfield Pet Hospital
Bay Area Pet Hospital
Bokhara Pet Resort and Spa
Brookside Pet Hospital
East Bay Animal Hospital
MSU Extension 4-H Office (Front Street across from the Grand Traverse Pie Company)
Northern Michigan Veterinary Hospital
Northwood Animal Hospital
VCA Cherry Bend Animal Hospital
*If your business would like to support us by posting a flyer or selling paper bones, please contact us today!
~ ~ ~ ~ ~
The Grand Traverse County Bark For Life Mini-Relay event is an irresistible way to partner with your canine best friend to “take a bite out of cancer”, smile, and make new friends – both canine & human. Bark For Life presents a unique opportunity to celebrate cancer survivorship, to honor those lost to cancer, and to fundraise in support of the American Cancer Society programs and services. The event begins with the Bark For Life walk around the track led by human and canine cancer survivors, followed by an afternoon of fun for the whole family!
Registering is easy! Just visit the community Bark For Life team website, click “join our team”, and start fundraising!
Want to save some time at the registration table? Click the link below to get a copy of the required waiver form! If you register online and come with it already filled out, you get to go through the "express lane". :)
For more information or to volunteer to help, email email@example.com or call the Team Captain/Event Chair at 231-922-4825.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~
How does Bark For Life benefit Relay For Life and the American Cancer Society?
The Bark For Life and the Relay For Life are fundraising events to support the mission of the American Cancer Society. The advantage of the Bark is that we have fun fundraising with our best buddies our dogs! Bark volunteers work with their Relay For Life counterparts to promote both events.